Optimising nutritional care in older people
This webinar will be dedicated to exploring the issues associated with malnutrition in older people and importantly what can be done. It will cover:
- Overlapping syndromes of frailty, sarcopenia and malnutrition
- Malnutrition as a cause and a consequence of disease
- The difference between nutrition screening and nutrition assessment.
- Integration of nutrition as a component of holistic care
- Practical and realistic approaches to optimise diet and food intake in older adults.
- The importance of monitoring and evaluating interventions – by whom and when
- Nutrition towards the end of life