By the end of this course, you will be aware of, understand and be able to discuss:
- The various meanings and definitions of spirituality
- The challenges and barriers regarding spirituality and religion faced and experienced by those with a learning disability
- The challenges and barriers that you face as a health and social care professional when supporting those with a learning disability to explore and express their spirituality
- The roles of the health and social care professional in supporting those who have a learning disability to explore, experience and express their spirituality in a meaningful way
- The resources that could be useful in supporting those with a learning disability to explore, experience and express their spirituality
You may like to keep a note pad and some pens close to hand throughout this course as you will be engaging in activities and reflections that will require you to take notes or keep written reflections.